March 20, 2012

The White Rabbit

I have crawled so far down into the rabbit hole for this series that I had completely forgotten to pop up for air and the occasional blog post! I've been so busy working on some new paintings that I just can't wait to share with you!

 Here is the latest installment in the Down the Rabbit-Hole series now available in the shop!

The White Rabbit print 8x10

I can see why Alice would follow this little fella down into his hole, where she would stumble into Wonderland for the first time! The White Rabbit was not only another brilliant character in Lewis Carroll's Wonderland but he was also essentially the portal into it. Because of that I have been searching since childhood for a white rabbit of my own. I love his little red double breasted pea coat and four polished gold buttons. A single coral rose is romantically tucked through a buttonhole, making him quite a picture. Of course an antique gold pocket watch rests in the palm of his agitated little white hand. I made sure to paint it in so he can observe the time and fuss over it. While painting him, I couldn't help but wonder how many other little rabbit holes he might have hidden away somewhere!

I just can't get over that little pea coat!

A Happy Tuesday to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment