April 12, 2012

Alice Puzzled

During one of my vintage treasure expeditions, I happened across a 1970s vintage Alice in Wonderland puzzle, with illustrations by Mr. Tenniel himself. 

A self-portrait of him. Quite the mustache!

 It was 500 pieces of only few colors, so that was a bit of a challenge. The solid green posed a particular problem, but what fun it was!


I like how Alice is in color pulling back the curtain to reveal Tenniel's black & white illustrations, as that was how it originally appeared of course. I'm sure Alice is thinking "Curiouser and Curiouser".


It can be a risk picking up a vintage puzzle like this, but every last piece was there. Even the box was very well preserved. Alice was puzzled! 

Enjoy your Spring day, I will have a painting to share with you shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment