June 16, 2012

A Father, a Super Hero

With Father's Day being tomorrow I couldn't help but dig out a favorite photo of my own dear Da. I have kept this picture safely nestled in my pink wallet since I was a very little girl. It has always captured the essence of my father in a single shot, and I think the photographer was a genius to snap the shutter right at that exact moment. 

Taken when he was a little boy, I love this picture, the background, his wonderful blue plaid shirt, his happy smile and shining blue eyes. All part of the boy who would become the man who is my father.

And I forever have this wonderful tribute to my father on photographic paper.
May I introduce... my super hero!


I am so thankful for you Da! My brother and I are spoiled on your sense of humor and kind gentle heart. 
Out of all of the arms in the world, we were given yours. 
Your eyes, your voice, your smile. 
You.

Happy Father's Day!

4 comments:

  1. I love this photo. It's funny to think of our parents as children. So many times that sweet playful side is buried by adult burdens and worries. It's a great reminder to let that carefree and youthful side out more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's a great photo. I agree with you too, it's good to always keep that youthful carefree side to our lives!

      Delete