June 14, 2012

Wearable Art

A while back I dropped a hint about a few Blooming Hare goodies coming your way soon! Well the time has come for that promise to finally materialize! A few of our paintings have been turned into lovely pendants that you can proudly wear around your neck and always carry a bit of art with you!

They are beautiful vibrant prints under a glass dome that magnifies the image so it pops out at you and has a three-dimensional look! They have a true vintage flair to them, and the antique brass really brings that out! The 20 inch chain is the perfect length to lay and be easily seen around your neck. 
 Wearable art is so much fun! I love these little guys! I need to make a few for myself, one of each I think!



They will be added to the shop one-by-one over the course of the next few weeks. Our first wearable art subject is the foxy fellow, The November Portrait! He is now up for sale in the shop!


They are very Victorian-esque and the pictures don't really do the magnified effect justice. 
I am so proud of them they turned out just lovely!

6 comments:

  1. I just love love love those pendants..(especially the fox) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice words Renee! The fox has a special place in my heart too!

      Delete
  2. The pendants are wonderful! Your illustrations look so sweet in the vintage brass bezels. I hope you sneak in more time to paint this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you like my pendants and illustrations Heather! I'm at the canvas every chance I get. I'm working on some new things I can't wait to share!

      Delete
  3. these are lovely! I have a friend who would love the fox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! The fox is a very popular little guy, I'll admit it's hard for me not to keep him for myself, but up for sale he is!

      Delete