July 25, 2012

Christmas in July

Yes, of course we needed no excuse to celebrate Christmas' Half Birthday. 
And set your clocks.. as of this moment it is 152 days. Surely we don't have to tell you that this is cause for celebration!

We have been listening to Christmas music all day while we were baking up our goodies!
(But of course we listen to Christmas music all year round.)




And since there isn't much hope of getting any snow on July 25th, we made our own DIY Snow!


So as we sit back and enjoy a good cup of tea with our cookies and music and cheer, we hope that everyone remembers that it's good to kindle Christmas in our hearts all the year long.
As penned by the great Mr. Charles Dickens...



"There are many things from which I might have derived good, by which I have not profited, I dare say,'' returned the nephew: ``Christmas among the rest. But I am sure I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round -- apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belonging to it can be apart from that -- as a good time: a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time: the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. And therefore, uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!''
- A Christmas Carol Charles Dickens

Indeed!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun idea listening to Christmas music in July!! It will cool the weather down especially where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be able to pass on some of the cheer!

      Delete
  2. Yummy on the recipes and this was a particularly wonderful entry. I really enjoyed reading it.

    I, too, listen to Christmas music all year round, especially Mannheim Steamroller. They have the best Christmas albums.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy for such a sweet comment. We watched a Christmas movie last night too! Hope you're enjoying your summer.

      Delete
  3. Gretchen what a sweet post. I could use a little Christmas cheer and should watch a Christmas movie tonight to relax. We've been enjoying summer so much it's hard to think about the holidays at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! We took the whole day off from any work to be silly and merry! Hope you get a chance to slow down and relax a bit. Every season has something beautiful about it, glad you're enjoying the summer!

      Delete