September 12, 2012

A Delightful Surrender (autumn)

Fall is creeping up on nature, when the trees succumb to their long nap it is the most delightful sort of surrender. It's my favorite time of year (in case I haven't said that before)! We are preparing for her by harvesting the last of the summer veggies.


While picking through the peas and shelling a few we ran across the proverbial two peas in a pod. I couldn't resist snapping a photo to share with you. They were just as snug and cozy as you would imagine them to be!


We also built a new addition for our busy little honey bees. I love to linger around the hive just to catch a whiff of the rich dark honey, which we hope to harvest soon. My own dear Da is introducing the girls to their new home. Below is their little story told in pictures.




Oh autumn, please hurry up!

3 comments:

  1. Oh it must be so delightful to have your own honey! I remember chewing on the comb sometimes in the honey my mother got -- I introduced my granddaughter to honey with comb not long ago and she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our neighbors have bees, and there is just something amazing about fresh honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this post, the bees & the peas are just beautiful. AND, I agree, hurry-up autumn!

    ReplyDelete