October 5, 2012

Jack-O'-Lanterns-to-be


The colors have arrived! I have been soaking up all the glorious color around me for the past week, the red ones are my favorite. 

Emma, my furry yellow friend, loves to chase the leaves as they are falling. We spent the afternoon enjoying the day, chasing the leaves together. She's really happy anytime of the year, and I have to say I admire that. A positive attitude goes a long way.


Meanwhile, I have been keeping my eye on these two pumpkins in our garden, it's the first time we've ever had our very own home-grown miniature pumpkin patch. I think they might be catching on to what I have intended for them, so the Jack-O'-Lanterns-to-be seem somewhat melancholy. 


Last Halloween, I carved an owl in my pumpkin. It's such a fun little holiday, you can dress up and be silly and no one thinks a thing of it! My older brother and I went as Simon and Garfunkel for Halloween 2011, where I was nominated for Simon because he's taller than I am, so he got to wear the curly wig. It was quite fun though, I went with my hair tucked in my shirt (not quite so fun as the wig) and a drawn mustache on my upper lip (very much fun indeed). Only on Halloween could you get away with something like that.  Did anyone go as anything fun last Halloween?

 I'm stuck for what I'm going as this year, but I still I have a bit more time. 

And hopefully in a few days I will have some new items for the shop! A couple new wearable art pieces are on my work table right now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Just found your blog via Etsy's Madcap Life thread. It, and your shop, are charming! I've yet to do a blog, but you make it look like a lot of fun. Also, we just got back from our cabin in the Upper Peninsula. Such beautiful fall color!

    Kay from http://www.etsy.com/shop/FireLake?ref=si_shop

    ReplyDelete