December 10, 2012

A Little Fa lalalala

I encountered the first snowfall while I was coming out of church yesterday afternoon, and I was more than slightly over the moon happy to see it! My Emma dog and I have been outside playing in it this morning- even though it hasn't stuck yet -and now I'm sitting here warming up with a cup of green tea.

 Needless to say it's feeling quite jolly in our house. We're doing little Christmas-y things each day to get ready, and one of my favorites is lighting our advent candles each Sunday leading up to the special day. Sometimes a morning just has that baking-day-feel to it. So when we sensed it, were we lazy? Of course not! 

We hopped right to it.


The best sugar cookies ever with three different toppings? Yes please!

 

Here a couple of right jolly ol' elves are trooping between the plates of goodies. These guys make an appearance each December at our house, ever since I can remember, and they're more than dear to me. 

 

So far we've practiced good willpower and haven't devoured the pretty little treats ... yet.

I hope this finds everyone merry and bright. I'm focusing extra hard on having a really white Christmas this year, it's been a while since we've had a full fledged, knee-deep winter wonderland out there on December 25th, and that's what I'm hoping for. So cross your fingers for me!

1 comment:

  1. We just whipped up some fudge last night! Major cookie-baking is afoot here too! :)

    ReplyDelete