February 13, 2013

Hinterland Album Cover Art

Here's a little sneak peek of the official cover art for our album Hinterland


The mighty bear and lion being gentle long enough to play a tune on their little instruments tells a very interesting story I think. I have always felt that music soothes the savage beast. I'll admit I was a bit taken by surprise when I discovered that the bear's upright bass, with its f-holes, has become my favorite part about the whole painting. And of course, what better trees to fill the background of Hinterland other than the haunting, lonely pine.

 It's actually been done for quite a while so it's been a real temptation not to post it long before now. It's one of my favorite pieces, and I plan on making prints of it available as well.

Hinterland's release date is set for March 7th, so mark your calendars!
I can't wait to be holding the album in my own two hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment