July 25, 2013

A Bit of Christmas in the Summer

There's nothing like a bit of Christmas right smack dab in the middle of summer.


Mama and I have been busy making cookies and singing along with the old Christmas cassette tapes. The 25th of the seventh month in the year, is our official-unofficial Christmas in July. In truth, I hardly need an excuse to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year. 

Baking just one type of cookie wasn't enough, we wanted a splash of holiday goodies and we only had one day in which to do it, so we made up a few favorites:

1. Brownies with Chocolate Frosting
2. Peanut Butter Cookies
3. Sugar Cookies & Cream Cheese Frosting
4. Peach Jam Thumbprint Cookies


After all the goodies have been decorated, frosted, dusted and admired, it's time to sit down with a nice strong cup of tea and enjoy our labors. I was so glad to wrap my fingers around my new comfort-mug, the little bird perched on it's handle looks so cheerful at me with every sip. (And it all fits so perfectly because it was a Christmas present from my brother last year.)

To finish the evening off, a modest little turkey accompanied by stuffing and home-made mashed potatoes. Topped off with a silly film titled Elf, which I think is just fun! 

I love a reason (any reason) to rekindle the contentedness and love we feel every December the 25th. I hope this will perhaps inspire you to do the same.


6 comments:

  1. Your cookies look wonderful! I love everything Christmas =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is the most wonderful time of the year.

      Delete
  2. The cookies look delicious! And a cup of tea is my favorite pairing to a cookie, or cookies! We are celebrating Christmas in July too. Only a few days left. But the "real thing" will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such a great time! I SO want that mug. The birdie on the handle is adorable! BTW, great pics too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's really nothing like a good mug to snuggle up to with some hot tea. It's comfort in a cup! It was so much fun taking these pictures, glad you enjoyed them.

      Delete
  4. Mmm...looks delicious and I love the color palette of the cookies and dried flowers!

    ReplyDelete