July 27, 2013

Arms to Hold You

Arms to Hold You   16"x 20"x 2"   Acrylic on canvas

I have been so excited to share this piece (it's now available in the shop)! It was commissioned for a birthday present and so it has had to be tucked away in my mind and not shared here. But now, the original has been presented to its owner and I can lift the curtain on my latest painting.

I did this painting from the perspective of a mother and child, and I love how their eyes are half-shut from the embrace. I chose these two animals due to their special meaning between the owner and his mother. The owl represented her, and the wolf her son.


So it has a lot of symbolism in it. I love a good painting that has a story to tell. Truth be told I don't really like knowing all of its secrets, just enough. Even though I painted it, it seems like it's still somewhat of a mystery to me. I prefer to keep it that way.


8 comments:

  1. so tender and beautiful
    i can feel what you mean about it being full of secrets
    thank you for sharing this piece with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammie, I'm so pleased it held meaning for you as well.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Your blog is a great example of the right way to promote your work - talking about the image, sharing the story of the son and his mother, expanding the significance of the painting. Well done, bloominghare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim for your encouragement and kind words. It's a special treat every once in a while to hear that you're doing okay!

      Hoping things in your corner of the world are just as grand!

      Delete