November 27, 2013

Then We Went for an Outing

Then We Went for an Outing   14"x11"   acrylic on wood


A winter ride is the latest addition to my Russian series! In the painting I placed native animals to Russia, including Roe Deer, Alaskan Hares, and a Red Fox. The mushrooms are found in their woodlands, as well as their Siberian Pine making an appearance!

The sweater the little lady is wearing, was inspired by a real life knitted masterpiece. A gift from my Grandmother.

I think the real story lies in what happened before this scene. Where they came from, and where they are headed once they step off the canvas. It's the mystery of these two that I love!


Prints and the original painting are now available in the shop!

Happy Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth, it's one of my favourites!

      Delete
  3. Your work is so beautiful! I'm taken to a different time and place with each image!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cythnia, I love this piece! So glad to hear it took you for a little journey!

      Delete
  4. Very beautiful! I love her outfit. How neat that you have a real life version of the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my feeling as well, Amber, I love having the sweater. It puts a bit of a memory in the painting for me! Thank you for the kind words!

      Delete