December 31, 2013

2014 Here We Come

...hope you're ready!

 There's something just so delicious about a fresh new year, something untainted, pure and full of impossible dreams! I love it! (Besides it gives me the chance to beat on a pot with a spoon creating a terrific racket!)


  It's a little ritual of mine where on New Years Eve I get to enjoy grabbing a pencil and scribbling down my own hopes and dreams for the next 365 days. Twenty-thirteen was lovely & I'm thankful for it, but I have an especially grand feeling about this one!

I can see a few dreams brewing on the horizon I can't wait to lasso & I'm looking forward to sharing them with you!

It's somewhat like an unpainted sketch...


The possibilities to the colors and life that will be brought to it are endless, and there's a sweet hope in that.
Something like this sketch for my most recent painting, when these pencil lines were drawn a few weeks ago I had no boundaries! I'm giddy with Twenty-Fourteen's sketch. 

It even has a nice ring to it! Twenty Hundred and Fourteen. 
Very nice indeed.

Happy New Year to one and all!

5 comments:

  1. A Happy New Year to You, hope your new year is filled with creative light! (That photo is beautiful!! How glamorous they all look.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that old photo when I stumbled across it, I'm quite partial to that accordion. Thank you, and a blessed New Year to you as well!

      Delete
  2. Happy New 2014 for you my friend and many blessings, wishes, and goals to come true!!!! Love to see your excitement for Twenty-Forteen's and I'm looking forward to see many more of your beautiful, whimsical and totally inspiring paintings and sketches here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Lana! I thank you sincerely!

      May Twenty-Fourteen be a very blessed & plentiful year for you as well friend!

      Delete