April 17, 2014

Bears & Eggs


Bears and eggs are a wonderful combination!


Last night we mixed up some wonderful batches of egg dye, the old-fashioned way. Vinegar and dye. Not only is it tradition, but I love how the aroma of the vinegar fills the air. It's a childhood experience, that I have never outgrown.

Miss Lass & Mr. Bear  Acrylic and dye on ceramic

Yes, those are real eggs. Every year though after Easter it's always the same story. I can hardly bring myself to part with the delightful decorated edible eggs. So, this year I painted a ceramic one, the blue was captured with the same dye we use on the real things, and the rest was painted. Now, when I have to say goodbye to all of the others. Mr Bear, Miss Lass & I will all continue to enjoy each other!


Happy Easter to you, I hope you share it with those you love!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, they were such fun to create!

      Delete
  2. The eggs are gorgeous! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very sweet Melanie, I appreciate it! Happy Easter to you as well!

      Delete
  3. These eggs are gorgeous! Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much! You really made my day!

      Delete
  4. Very cute & such a great idea decorating ceramic eggs to have every year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was an egg-celent idea too! Thanks Jess!

      Delete