April 11, 2014

Mid-April Work & Pleasures


Just a few things that are making my weekend something to look forward to.
Mid-April Work & Pleasures: The Compiled Official List

-Chai Tea Latte, sugar and chai tea bags boiled down into a syrup, and then poured over milk that has been blended and whipped into a submissive foam? Yes, please! I just finished making a batch of syrup from this wonderful little recipe that will stay good in the fridge for 10 days. It will certainly make my alarm clock more friendly when I have this to wake up to!

-Sketching, of course. I'm so excited that I have so much sketching to do this weekend! There are certainly worse things to occupy myself with, I love to see a blank page come to life! It's like a little birth.

-Picture books. I raided the library yesterday and found these titles I hope to peak at in between my own projects. Hansel and Gretel looks entrancing to me accompanied by illustrations from Jen Corace. (Let's face it I love anything by the Bros. Grimm, they're marvelous!) The King's Giraffe, looks promising too, illustrated by Stephane Poulin. Last but certainly not least, The Wind in the Willows Christmas from the mind of Michael Hague (I don't care if it is a Christmas book I'm reading in mid-April. I've always adored The Wind in the Willows, and one day I'm going to illustrate a few paintings from it.. some day when I get the time.)

I'm sitting in the warm sunshine, doing my work on the world-wide-web. Then it's off to sketch. Just another little thing I'm thankful for. 

Mmmmm, the chai tea latte is completely worth the effort it takes, by the way. 

6 comments:

  1. This is a best program for weekend, especially after a busy season. I hope you will be having a good time sketching as you hoped.I love tea, my favorite the earl gray! I'm going to admit I go not like syrups, but I love the wild berry preservatives and lots of chocolates with my tea;) Have a restful and inspired weekend! xx, Lana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the well wishes Lana! Earl Grey is one of my favorites as well. The tea latte is something very new to me, I enjoy it quite well when I'm in the mood for a sweet-tea. I also really enjoy a fig newton on the side of my tea, every now and again. Hope your weekend is just as lovely!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the chai recipe link !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Joanne! Hope you get the chance to try it, it's marvelous!

      Delete
  3. wow this post made me want to read outside! I'm a little jeaous of your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to have inspired you! Happy spring!

      Delete