April 3, 2014

The Joys of a Good Scone


Enjoying the fruit of our labor back in August! Blackberry scones and orange marmalade are a wonderful combination. Of course the joy of a good scone can be experienced at any time, but throw in a good cup of tea... Oh Jubilee!

Those pretty vintage spoons are part of a collection that belonged to my Grandmother. I didn't get to know her very well, so I love having things of hers around me. It feels like I'm getting to know her through her little nick-nacks!



2 comments:

  1. Looking for your recipe....????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the inquiry. I just shared the recipe for my blackberry scones on my blog today!
      You can find it here: http://thebloominghare.blogspot.com/2015/01/whole-wheat-blackberry-tea-scones.html

      I made this batch with whole wheat flour, but you can substitute all purpose white flour if that's more to your taste!

      Wishing you many happy adventures in the kitchen!

      Delete