July 25, 2014

Keeping Christmas the Whole Year Long

Amidst all of the family get-togethers and trips to the beach that July brings, it also brings a reason to be thankful for all that Christmas is - full of grace, love, mercy and joy. Today being the halfway point to that delightful, loving holiday. So in short, it's really just a time to be remember to be joyful. 

And with a reason like that, I do not need any more of an excuse. 


A giant candy cane was preserved since Christmas 2013, for just such an occasion. Oh I'm so glad I didn't give in back in May!


My favorite thing about today, is that my own sweet Mama brings up the little tree from the decoration box, and we listen to Christmas music. Then we bake little confections coated with love (and powdered sugar) all the live long day.


Hands down, Christmas is my favorite holiday. Today is just an appetizer before the real celebration. And now, for the Charles Dickens quote you're probably all expecting..

“And it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us!"
-Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Indeed!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Just when I decided to start a new dieting and exercising program.... well done my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lana! It's something I look forward to every summer :) Little traditions, like this, are wonderful things to come back to time and time again.

    ReplyDelete