July 3, 2014

Pack up All Your Cares and Woes

Pack up All Your Cares and Woes  11"x14" Acrylic on paper

Here's a little something I painted back in April and I'm just now able to share it with you. That's how commissioned magazine illustrations work. It's such fun, but it's hard not to reveal it sooner.

And so the setting: A young girl heads off to find adventure and the unknown down a country road. She's got all of her troubles and worries behind her, and roaming geese and freshly cut flowers are on her mind now! I wanted to capture her embracing a bit of Wanderlust.

The magazine it appears in just arrived the other day, so I'll share what it looks like in the print issue with you after the holiday. By the way, Happy Independence Day tomorrow (for all of us Yankees). Hope you get to do a bit of traveling yourselves - or enjoying grilled corn outside, smothered with butter & herbs, which is what I'll be doing.

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely! I love the colors you used. And the sky is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete