October 7, 2015

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

I've been silently working away these past few weeks. Although the leaves have barely begun to change colors I have been living in an imaginary world of snow, and have been making some Christmas goodies!

Here is one of the scenes I've painted for this year's holiday illustrations...

'Twas the Night Before Christmas   11"x14"  Oil on canvas

A right jolly old elf this bear must be indeed! You can just imagine the look on this children's faces as they creep down the stairs to find Santa Bear enjoying cookies and milk. Meanwhile, a little doll house and teddy bear wait for them under the tree left by the kindly fellow. (They are happy little details that I like knowing are nestled away on the edge of the painting).

There's one more Christmas-y illustration still to come, which I'll share shortly.
Happy October my little rabbits!

No comments:

Post a Comment